We’d like to thank everyone who was able to join us in Los Angeles for Adobe MAX 2014! We had a great time seeing Partners at MAX as we could really feel the passion in the air at our Unconference and official sessions.
This time around we wanted to have a more informal setup that gathered the BC team and Partners together to shape the future of Business Catalyst. Therefore, we want to give a big thank you for taking the time to talk to us and share your thoughts on our latest releases and future plans. It has been great listening to you and we’re looking forward to bring your ideas to life.
While we have hundreds of comments and ideas, there are a few areas that will capture our attention next:
- Sorting out the data centers stability issues – while most of the instability root problems (as described in our latest incident report) have been fixed, we’re still encountering some issues with our load balancers which we are working to fix as soon as possible;
- Locking down the BC.next syntax so that everyone can take advantage of these updates; this includes items like unifying naming conventions between APIs and liquid variables and liquid syntax for module’s name parameters (see Lucian’s post on the developer forum)
- Launch the final versions of BC.next and Open Platform, incorporating your top concerns/requests and focusing on training materials; the list includes items like: finishing the json output for modules, removing BC scripts and CSS from HTML output, updating the redactor editor to include support for image and link settings, finalise conversion to liquid for important modules (ex: module_subscriptions)
- Start improving core modules once the priorities are validated with the larger Partner community and specific details are locked down; we’ll be having dedicated BC Townhall sessions for this subject in the upcoming weeks
Thanks again to everyone who was able to make it and share their ideas! If you weren't able to make it this year, we've got you covered as well. Below you'll find video recordings of all our sessions, we hope you enjoy them:
- The Business Catalyst Unconference tracks
- Adobe MAX sessions
Looking forward for our Next event,
The Adobe Business Catalyst Team