A week ago we returned from a very productive trip to the Adobe San Francisco office, where we met both our SVP, as well as a couple of very influential partners – Brent and Jason. One action item that we took from that trip was to make sure we very clearly and openly state what is our strategy and roadmap to the whole Business Catalyst partner community.
This blog post is about these concepts, explaining them in the simplest fashion possible.
Business Catalyst Mission
Our mission is to enable online businesses, not websites through a vibrant partner network.
All in one as key differentiator, both for you as partners as well as for the business owners.
For you it’s the one stop shop that enables you to meet all your customers’ demands, allowing you to grow to be a successful agency, and for the business owners it’s the one place where you go to manage and grow your online business.
Business Catalyst Strategies
- Treat our partners as real partners, not simply resellers of our solution.
- Invest in the all-in-one aspect of business catalyst as main differentiator.
- Reinventing Business Catalyst into a great platform that enables you to make your customers successful online, allowing the right engineering team velocity, scalability and elasticity.
All in one, explained
It's all about integration. It's not about how well the e-mail marketing side of Business Catalyst compares to our competitors (feature-by-feature comparison), it's all about how we can take advantage of the fact that our system offers e-commerce, analytics, CRM and CMS next to e-mail marketing, and how we can combine ALL these to make the world's best e-mail marketing tool by taking advantage of these integrations.
It’s about workflows that will enable partners to sell the integrated solution and all in one vision to business owners.
Tactics / Roadmap
Better e-mail marketing/CMS integration, start working towards the platform vision.
- Enable better integration between e-mail marketing and CMS and e-commerce, by allowing CMS content to be reused in e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Start executing towards our platform vision, by improving the extensibility of the list layouts on web apps and e-commerce modules.
Better e-mail marketing/CRM integration; advance e-commerce.
- Better integration between e-mail marketing and CRM, by enabling things like list exclusions.
- Expand e-commerce stock capabilities to product attributes.
February / March 2013
Better e-commerce integration; continue working towards the platform vision.
- Enable better flexibility for e-commerce by enabling liquid in a production-ready fashion.
- Better e-commerce reporting.
- Enable flexibility for our webapps by enabling liquid and web apps API enabling partners to further extend Business Catalyst to SBO needs.
- Enhance webapps up to a point where an average BC partner will be able to recreate and enrich most existing BC modules (blogs, photo galleries, etc) using web apps.
- Enable webapps import/export to fuel an ecosystem of partners helping each other.
If you want to learn more about our strategy and focus for the near term, please attend our September 24th partner conference in San Jose, where the BC team members will be present, and more than open to get into more details.